Call for Proposals
We have a unique opportunity to share knowledge with one another while attending the event. Please fill out the information below. Once accepted, we will work out a schedule and the talk will appear on the agenda.
Please include the days that you would like to do your talk/workshop/diy project/exhibition/aerobic smoothie class
Fill this form to propose your talk.
- Performances. Short or long form pieces, live or pre-recorded. 10 - 60 minutes.
- DIY Workshops. These are talks and guiding builds requiring the knowledge of a soldering iron, reading a PCB and through hole soldering. These will conducted virtually over Zoom and kits will be sent out in advance of the event.
- Talks. These are 30 to 60 minute talks around a topic of interest. These will be on the main screen/page.
- Round-tables. Got a topic of burning desire you want to learn about from others? Want to team up and run a panel? Please do! These can be in Zoom breakout rooms or on the main screen.
- Other. Want to show case your new software or hardware? bring us into a new corner of the metaverse? transmit a psychic piece of video art to everyone with their eyes closed?
- We are here for it!
Submitting a segment is not a guarantee of a segment occurring - this will depend on scheduling, interest, and timing. Please note that BIPOC/LGTBQIA+ are encouraged and given priority at this event.
- If you are submitting a talk, we like you and want you to share. Please reach out if you have any questions or special requirements. Alternative virtual venues such as Google Hubs are more than welcome, as long as they are accessible to all.
A Virtual Vidicon
Vidicon will be taking place in a virtual space this year. We plan on using streaming over various platforms to a main screen, as well as Jitsi and Mozilla Hubs. We encourage experimentation and exploration, and we welcome ideas.